Training and resources
Growing Support provide a cost effective means of equipping front line professionals with the skills, tools and confidence they need to provide person centred social and therapeutic horticulture activities proven to have positive health and wellbeing outcomes for service users.
BEST PRACTICE EVENT FOR BRISTOL CARE HOMES: HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY ENGAGE OLDER PEOPLE WITH GARDENING ACTIVITIES
- Meet other professionals and volunteers from related projects / services
- Better understanding of the health and wellbeing benefits for residents of engaging in gardening activities and spending time outside
- Improved understanding of how to effectively manage risk for residents in the garden
- Improved knowledge, skills and confidence in adapting gardening activities to enable residents to take part
Best practice sharing and practical application:
- What can you do in your home to engage more residents in garden activities?
When: Monday 20th March 2017, 12.30 pm-4.30 pm. Lunch will be provided at 12.30 pm
Where: The Greenway Centre, Doncaster Road, Southmead, Bristol BS10 5PY
Cost: £25 (includes £50 subsidy provided by Dementia Wellbeing Service)
Book: Follow this link to book
For more information please contact Dale on email@example.com, call us on 07581 281 578 or download our information leaflet
We also provide participatory training tailored for care homes. Our training is hands-on and practical and includes ongoing support, no previous experience is necessary. At the end of training participants will be able to:
- Provide meaningful, person centred activities in the garden to older people and people with dementia
- Use these activities to encourage social interaction, exercise and reminiscence
- Tailor these activities according to the needs of different service users
- Provide an ongoing programme of varied activities making the most of the changing seasons
- Work indoors and outdoors according to the weather and needs of service users
- Involve carers and volunteers with the activity
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07581 281 578 to find out more about our training.